Friday, May 3, 2024

24.05.03 Camp Verde - Copper Canyon Trail

Copper Canyon Trail



The Copper Canyon Trail is a nice 5 mile loop hike.






Plenty of flora to enjoy along the way!


Some of the geology is quite interesting, this is an example of lava with rocks embedded in it.


The trails here aren't as crowded as the ones around Mesa and Apache Junction.


It didn't take long to climb the 550 feet of elevation for spectacular views!




There was supposed to be a short spur trail to a waterfall upstream from this trail crossing but I couldn't find it.



I spotted these horseback riders on my way back to the start of the trailhead.  If I didn't despise riding horses so much this would be a much easier way to explore the trails!


This was an old corral that I came across along the trail.





 

1 comment:

Kathy Brock said...

Very nice pictures!