Sunday, May 5, 2024

24.05.02 Sedona by way of the Shaka Guide App

We downloaded the Shaka Audio Tour Guide App (https://www.shakaguide.com/) and purchased a driving tour of Sedona.  


The Red Rock Visitor Center and Ranger Station. Grabbed some information and a few photos.


Marley is so happy to be along!




Handsome boy!



Bell Rock




I hiked all the way up to the base of the top spire but it was a little too hairy to try to climb that when I was alone.





It took a lot of effort to get up here but the views are spectacular!


Courthouse Butte




I got to this point and decided that was far enough!



Somewhere in the middle of all this, while we were parked at the Courthouse Butte Trail, I went for a walk to take some video....I learned a valuable lesson today. While apparently not paying close enough attention, I tripped over one of those cement parking lot things. I got a bloody knee and very painful forearm (was a bit concerned it may have been fractured), and I almost passed out! You'll be happy to know that the GoPro is safe. I protected it and only scuffed the handle a little so I can keep making these wonderful videos for you! And now, 3 days later, I am finally able to use my arm again, carefully. Still a little achy...and I can bend my knee again. Whew! Not good for this young chickee to crash and burn. I will pay attention from now on!  (P.S. and she says that I'm a klutz!  Really though, I'm just thankful she wasn't hurt worse!)



Chapel of the Holy Cross

The chapel was inspired and built by local rancher and sculptor, Marguerite Brunswig Staude. She initially attempted to do this in Budapest Hungary with the help of Lloyd Wright, son of architect Frank Llyod Wright. However their attempt was aborted due to the outbreak of WWII so they decided to build the church in her native Arizona. The chapel is built in the Coconino National Forest by use of a special permit. The chapel was built in 18 months at a cost of $300,000 and was completed in 1956.

The Relics of the Twelve Apostles and Saint Paul and Saint Barnabas are on display at the chapel.












This photo does not do this  chapel justice. It was beautiful!


Blooming cactus!





Midgley Bridge
Al went for a walk to check this out. I was in the truck holding my arm.


I was fascinated by the architecture of the Bridge and impressed by how they utilized the rock canyon for the bridge support.


A view of Oak Creek.



It was tempting to hit this trail but I  already had hiked 3 miles at Bell Rock and decided against it.


This is the top of Wilson's Canyon that the bridge spans across.




This is the path down to the bridge.





And here is my skillfully edited video made just for my wonderful viewers. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Beautiful..alot more green there...Marley is loving every minute...So glad you are o.k after your fall...it can happen so fast...That chapel is Gorgeous...would love to go there some day 😉 Love you...Thanks for sharing...Great videos..