Friday, October 13, 2023

A Full Day!

We did so much today that I can hardly remember it all.  We started out by taking Connie's canning and art entries to the Ham Fest to be judged. I'm excited to see the results tomorrow.  I know she will win several entries. One lady checking her in said,  "Oh I recognize this name!" Then we had several errands to run. Connie took us to Patti's 1880's Settlement for a walk-around and dinner.  Al had a 2" pork chop dinner and Connie and I had chicken fried chicken Yummo!!!  We were so hungry,  I forgot to take a picture,  but check out that dessert.  Oh my, it was moan worthy!!! Kentucky Chocolate Pecan Pie.







Yup, there is Blackberry Moonshine in that thar bag.

Kentucky Chocolate Pecan Pie

Then we went to the Land Between the Lakes Elk & Bison Prairie Refuge. Al was loving that!!! You drive through and the animals just roam free and easy and so wherever they feel like.  We heard elk bugles and a couple fighting.






After that we were all exhausted and ready for pj's! Tomorrow we check out the Ham Fest and get ready for Saturday travel.  Saturday will be a full day of travel to our next landing spot in Arkansas. 













4 comments:

Vicki said...

Looks like a great day! Those are really good pictures of the elk and bison. They must have been really close to the vehicle!

Jessica said...

Could frame several of those! 🏆

Sherry said...

I want black berry moon shine and that chocolate pie! Tell Connie I said hi!

Anonymous said...

Blackberry moonshine! Interesting...did you buy enough to share with us all when you get back??? Lol SO glad you are having a good time! We don't have Hardesty here!! Lol